Saturday, December 22, 2007

Newspapers

As I have more time now, I like to spend it reading newspapers. I read Ming Pao (free in the Internet or pay a fee for unlimited access), HK Economic Journal (no Internet version), Financial Times (not free in the Internet), and International Herald Tribune (free in the Internet) almost daily. The first gives me daily news in HK and China; the second gives me updated financial news, and analysis on international events and business; the third gives me in-depth analysis on international events and comments on various topics; the fourth gives me more international news and in-depth coverage on various topics.

If you want to read quality newspaper daily, I sincerely recommend you to choose either Ming Pao or HK Economic Journal and Financial Times. The more you read them, the more you know many stories behind the scenes and you are building up your insights which help you to identify between facts and prejudices. These newspapers build up your language skills, financial knowledge and logical thinking. Good food for your brain.

2008 is at the doorstep. Try putting newspapers in the new year's plan. Have a nice holdiay!

No comments: