Monday, July 30, 2007

Hong Kong Book Fair

I went to the HK Book Fair 2007 on a Friday morning. I thought there would be fewer people but I was wrong.

I like visiting book fair because you can buy books with discounts. I bought the Cambridge Pronouncing Dictionary with 20% off. Other books I bought such as the masterpiece "The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire" by Edward Gibbon and "Not quite the diplomat" by Chris Patten also had discounts.

Classic literature are sometimes boring but they are excellent writings. That's why they can last for centuries. Because we do not have much time to read, we should only choose good books, such as those written by good writers (if you do not know who is a good writer, choose classic literature instead). It's like eating healthy food, you do not want to feed yourself with junk food only, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your wall paper and font...very artistic! Keep writing and I will read!