Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hong Kong and Canada

I have been living in Hong Kong for over 30 years. I was born in Hong Kong, finished my secondary education in Hong Kong and headed to Canada for post-secondary education in 80's. After I stayed in Canada for a while, I liked this country and I thought I would stay there forever. My experiences in Canada opened my eyes to the world. After I stayed in Canada for 5 years, I returned to Hong Kong in 90's for a summer vacation - first time in 5 years. The vacation lasted for about 3 months and I was glad to see my relatives and friends. After I returned to Canada shortly, suddenly I felt that I missed Hong Kong very much; I missed my relatives, friends, and the place. It was my homeland and I want to stay there and work for a better Hong Kong. I returned to Hong Kong one year later - after I obtained my undergraduate degree in Canada. It was a right move as the economy of Canada was getting worse in early 90's.

No comments: