Friday, October 5, 2007

Experience - VII

Nowadays all of us are very busy and seldom have time to read. Some of us would rather spend our evenings watching TV or browsing and chatting via the Internet than reading. Well, it's your choice but it definitely affects you adversely. You are heading to become incompetent.

We read to enrich our mind, to widen our experience, and to understand others. Without reading, you can only rely on your daily experience and knowledge to face the future. Your life is like a cat or a dog, who does not read (or can't read) so it cannot increase its knowledge and experience as humans. Since you have acquired the skill to read, it's a waste not to use it wisely.

Nevertheless, we should read the quality ones, newspaper such as the Financial Times, Ming Pao and Hong Kong Economic Journal, and magazines such as the Economist and the Cup. Books are difficult to choose but usually those which have been in the market for 50 years or more and still be reprinted are good ones - they are classics.

My experience told me that when I entered a target's premises and found that he had a lot of good books, I knew that this target was a smart person and I had to be alerted. On the other hand, when I found that my target did not have a bookshelf or only read Apple Daily/Oriental Daily, I knew that this target would not be smart. If the target does not read at all, I knew that I would be in full control. You read so that you feed your mind with substances. With a sound mind you can make good judgement and think critically.

So, please read. It's your road to success.

No comments: